Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Journal Entry for March 5, 2022







March 5, 2022

Well, here I am again.  I have a feeling this is going to be short, although I could have a lot to say if I wanted to say it.

This has been a tough week, starting with Monday, when my blood glucose levels were higher than usual, and I couldn’t get them down.  I did the logical thing.  I called my endocrinologist’s office.  Talk about frustrating and weird.  The secretary kept telling me she was busy.  I kept telling her my blood sugar level was up, and I needed to talk to someone.  I finally got to speak to a nurse(?), who told me the doctor would call me “within three business days.”  WHAT?!  I argued with her, of course, and she finally told me the doctor would call me back the same day.

Of course, the doctor didn’t call me back.  I was only experiencing a crisis, after all.  Phooey!

I called my primary care doctor’s office and spoke to a medical assistant, who calmed me down and gave me advice.  The doctor was not in the office that day, but I was able to get ahold of her on the phone, in person, the next day.  Again, she gave me decent advice and reassured me I wasn’t dying.

My blood sugar level went down, praise God, although it is still not going down as far as it was.  At least it’s on a decent level now, and I know that I can adjust the level of my insulin injections if I have to do that.

The endocrinologist finally called me, but it wasn’t because of my glucose problem.  She wanted to tell me that she would be leaving the office soon and setting up private practice in an office too far away from me to be convenient.  I say good riddance.  I was going to fire her, anyway.  Now it will happen naturally.

I sang the Ash Wednesday Mass at my church and got the ashes on my forehead like a good Catholic.

I also sang two back-to-back funerals this morning at 9:00 and 10:00 AM.  I was in reasonably good voice and sang well, praise God.  I got a $6 tip for the first funeral.  The lady gave me and the organist $12, which we split evenly.

Later, when I tried to call my friend Joan, I couldn’t get through to her.  I ended up helping her out by getting in touch with Optimum on her behalf and getting them to fix her problem from their office.  Of course, trying to get a live person to speak to was a Herculean task, but I did it, and it worked.  They restored her phone connection.

This is turning out to be longer than I thought it would be.  That’s fine.


No comments:

ADVENTURES IN SLOPPY HOUSEKEEPING: DUSTING THE FURNITURE

I don’t know what prehistoric housewives did to keep dust off their furniture if they had any.   If they did anything at all, it must have b...